Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Can someone tell me what this is?

A woman who I work with has this brace thing on her left leg. I'm curious what exactly it is, what it's called and why she has to wear it but it would be rude of me to ask. So if anyone knows please tell me.





Its a brace, ie metal rod which runs up one side of her leg only(left). At the bottom it's attached to some sort of wide strap which wraps arround her ancle and goes under the shoe just before the heel. At the top it's attached to a band which goes arround her leg just below the knee. There's a couple of buckles that tighten it up too. She seems to walk ok but with a slight limp. Thats all I know.





Anita

Can someone tell me what this is?
its an external supporting device for her legs bone mostly tibia ,which was fractured and it helps keep alignment in healing and supports during the healing phase(or it could be to support her joints )if it has pins inside her skin its called an external fixator,EDIT;this means its a lengthening device to lengthen her leg
Reply:oh I know what you mean. I had a teacher who wore one of these. if i remember rightly it comes from an illness that today we are vaccinated from. i think it was TB.





http://www.indiadaily.org/images/polio_c...




horses for loan

No comments:

Post a Comment