Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Where can I find a good picture of a sclera buckle?

My wife has had a sclera buckle placed in her eye and I'm attempting to show her what it looks like. I've seen some


picture but therer were not very good.

Where can I find a good picture of a sclera buckle?
Do you mean "Scleral Buckling"?


In scleral buckling surgery, the scleral buckle is placed against the outer surface of the eye and sewn into the eye to keep it in place. The buckle pushes the sclera toward the middle of the eye, relieving the pull on the retina and allowing the tear to settle against the wall of the eye.


Extreme cold (cryopexy), heat (diathermy), or light (laser photocoagulation) is used to scar the area around the tear and hold it in place until a seal forms between the retina and the layer beneath it.


Please see the web pages for more details and images on Scleral buckling.



viruses

No comments:

Post a Comment